The use of robotics in industrial production is booming. It enables innovative production processes and is a key technology used for networking in smart factories. As a driver of efficiency, profitability and flexibility, the use of robotics has fully extended from the automobile industry into the entire machine construction sector. Pioneering automation solutions from Baumüller are developed for use in the robotics industry together with the company Carl Cloos Schweißtechnik GmbH. Baumüller provides a secure solution for the remote maintenance of machines and units that does not lessen the benefits of networking.
In the joint project of Cloos and Baumüller, the six-axis articulated welding robot QIROX QRH-280, the best of two industries were linked with each other: Highly specialized, process engineering expertise paired with pioneering automation solutions. The aim of this collaboration is to expand the innovative leadership in automatic welding technology.
Productivity, quality, flexibility and future reliability – users place these key requirements on solutions in automated welding technology. Baumüller is renowned for its precision drives with exact positioning accuracy for high dynamics and as a result is pre-destined for the robotics industry. The high productivity in the production process is achieved through the enhanced dynamics of the welding robot in order to, for example, particularly quickly and precisely implement the offset of the welding arm when welding components with many spatial movements.
A high-performance control system combined with powerful drives provides for reduced cycle times and thus higher quantities in the complete system from Baumüller. A high repeatability in the welding process is in turn important for ensuring maximum quality. This is why high-precision drive and control technology is used in the complete solution.
Robots for the automated joining of metallic components using a welding process.
- Web visualization
- Remote servicing
- Box-PC: b maXX PCC-04
- b maXX HMI
- Converter: b maXX 5000 / b maXX 3000
- Safety PLC
- SAF modules
- Motors: DSD / DSH
Automation components from Baumüller for robotics:
- Baumüller box PC uses Skylake CPUs to achieve a higher work performance with a lower energy consumption
- Multi-axis controller b maXX 5800 for controlling up to six drive axes
- DSH motors with a very load detent torque for high-precision applications
- Special robotics software modules from the "Coordinated Motion" library for optimal repeatability, precise positioning and maximum running smoothness at the tool center point, which leads to a very good and constant quality, such as the weld seam