Baumüller DC disc motors are permanent-magnet motors with coreless rotors and drum-shaped commutators, giving them low-inertia and highly dynamic running characteristics. They are easy to control over their entire speed range and maintain exact concentricity, even at very low speeds below one revolution per minute.
These motors are characterized first and foremost by their space-saving, shallow design. In their shortest construction type, only 39.5 mm of installation space is required in the axial direction. In terms of the installation space in relation to the achievable engine power, the GDM 12 N motor is the slimmest and most compact disc motor in the world.
The benefits of DC disc motors GDM
- High overload capacity thanks to robust wire wrap with drum-shaped commutator
- High torque via NdFeB permanent magnets
- High performance in a small unit with an extremely short design
- High dynamics due to high overload capacity
- Very low torque ripple due to collector lamellation
- Very low carbon brush wear due to armature inductance
- Detent-free due to coreless rotor
- Virtually constant torque across a wide speed range
- Easily controllable
- Optionally available with brake, tachometer, encoder, gearing
Technical data - GDM
Subject to alterations. The stated data are maximum values.
For details please have a look in the technical documentations.